Our Flight School Program is approved by the Costa Rican aeronautical authority under ICAO regulations. We provide the highest standards of international training whether you want to obtain a private license to fly for fun, or you want to make a career being a commercial helicopter pilot. We also offer advanced training for professional pilots.
The student will obtain the appropriate level of knowledge and skills according to the private pilot license. All of our training is one-on-one, our students have the freedom to set their own schedules and progress at any pace.
Congratulations on taking the first step to become a professional pilot!
If you need assistance or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: +506 2232-1248
- Minimum age: 18 years old, in the case of minors under the age of 18 but over the age of 17, need to hand in a parental authority document authenticated by a lawyer.
- Passport or other official identification document.
- Class two valid medical certificate
- 2 passport-size photos
- Required by the Costa Rican General Aviation Authority (DGAC) to obtain the license
- Personally fill out the school registration and regulation documents.
- Aircraft systems
- Basic aerodynamics
- Helicopter Aerodynamics
- Performance, Flight Manual (P.O.H.)
- Weight and balance
- Meteorological services
- A.I.P and Air spaces
- Airports, communications and regulations
- Flight Planning
- Human Factors
- Basic maneuvers
- Awarness training
- Beginning of lessons: At any time, all of our training is one-on-one, our students have the freedom to set their own schedules and progress at any pace.
- Hours of Lessons: 60 hours in total. If the student requires additional lessons it will be charged $35* per hour of instruction.
- Enrollment: $200*
- Payment: First 10 hours $250* / Next five 10 hours block $270* each.
- Final Exam: $10*
- Total: $1,810*
* Prices subject to change without notice.
- Flight time: A minimum of 40 hours, required by the Costa Rican General Aviation Authority (DGAC)
Fleet: Robinson R44 - $400* per hour.